Required Electronic Documents for Replacement of Registration Certificate
TIP: In order to avoid processing delays, kindly ensure that you have electronic copies of the following documents on hand before attempting to submit your application.
- Damage to Registration Certificate
An image of the damaged Seaworthiness Certificate MUST be uploaded to facilitate a replacement.
- Lost Registration Certificate
If lost, the owner must publish a notice of loss in any Local Newspaper and must UPLOAD a copy of the newspaper publication.
- List of any refurbishment affecting vessel size
A physical inspection is required by Belize Port Authority.
Additional Required Electronic Documents
- Owner’s Proof of Identification (Social Security Card or Passport)
- If your address has been changed, kindly upload a copy of a current utility bill in your name reflecting the new address. If the utility bill is not in your name, an authorization letter from the owner of the account along with a copy of the utility bill in their name is required.
- Copy of payment receipt
Disclaimer: Modification of any vessel will require prior approval from the Belize Port Authority. Any change whatsoever whether to the hull or machinery or anything that would affect the stability or the operation of the vessel shall be reported to the Belize Port Authority within 24 hours of such change. An inspection will then be carried out on those particular vessels. Masters are prohibited from using the vessel after any modification without first receiving approval from the Belize Port Authority for use of that vessel.
|REPLACEMENT OF REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE FEE
|Replacement of Registration Certificate – BZD $30.00
|Standard processing time is 3-4 working days. Additional fees will be required for same-day processing.
|Same Day Processing fee: BZD $25.00 if a completed application is received by 12:00 NOON.
NOTE: All fees will be payable by the Customer for shipment of license via any courier service.
Disclaimer: The Belize Port Authority (BPA) will not be held responsible for any documents mailed at the request of the customer.
Payment can be made at the following banks: