Please Feel Free To Contact Us.
HAVE A COMPLAINT?
The Belize Port Authority's responsibilities
- Disseminate relevant information to all Mariners (Hurricane Precautionary advice and the latest bulletins on the progress of the storm)
- Liaise with Belize City Manager to ensure that Swing Bridge, Bel-China and Belcan Bridges are opened to enable boats and barges to be taken to safe mooring.
- Direct all vessels in port to safe harbour.
- Broadcast all relevant information relating to Search, Rescue and Evacuation Operations.
- Broadcast all relevant information relating to access operations. (Ensure that all harbour and port operations return to normal).
- To use all available media to educate the public about potential disasters and the appropriate contingency plans in order to mitigate the impact of disasters to mariners.
- To disseminate accurate and updated information regarding disasters to mariners in an efficient manner.
- To establish internal and external communication networks with Disaster Management Committees.
- To verify that the Emergency Warning System is operational and effective.
- To disseminate all relevant decisions of NEMO to Mariners.
The BPA is a member of the following Emergency Management Committees
- Education, Information, Communication, and Warning Committee
- Search, Rescue and Evacuation Committee
- Restoration of Utilities and Access Committee
- National Emergency Management Organization
- City Emergency Management Organization
Designated Safe Harbours
Yemeri Creek at coordinate position 16˚55´58.12″N, 088˚14´42.43″W. Available depths of water 4 to 8 feet.
Placencia/ Mango Creek
Lagoon at coordinate position 16˚32´23.46″N, 088˚23´41.42″W. Available depths of water 5 to 9 feet.
New Haven in coordinate position 16˚15´41.46″N, 088˚35´48.43″W. Available depths of water 7 to 14 plus feet.
- Swallow Caye Bogue in position 17˚29´29.54″N, 088˚05´13.98″W. Available depths in this area is 7 feet.
- Jones Lagoon in coordinate position 17˚26´32.1″N, 088˚16´18.63″W. Available depths 4.6 feet to 14 feet.
- Robinson Point in coordinate position 17˚21´49.29″N, 088˚11´51.24″W. This area will only be used by large commercial vessels that will not be able to leave our territorial waters before a natural disaster hits.